Monday, August 25, 2008

Shazaam!

Originally blogged 6/07/08. Sorry for the repeat...

Shazaam!

I am in a great mood tonight! And I don't know why!

Do you remember those old Saturday Night Live skits where they would mock Robin Leach (of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous)...He would shout all of his lines and then say things like, "I am shouting, and I don't know why"! Always in a amazingly annoying British accent. Not that I don't love a good British accent...Alan Rickman is a primary example. Kinda odd looking man, but the accent makes him DELECTABLE! Oh, and I totally love that "Fight for the Bright", "wee bit of the dingies" Cheer detergent lady. She's great.

So, what prompted the change in my mood? I am pretty sure it isn't the British...I don't really have a good explanation. I had a pretty normal day at work, (except when they air conditioning in my office went out), did not argue with my husband (NOT ONE TIME) today, the kids were wonderful, and I lost a pound yesterday! Well, those are pretty good reasons, I suppose. I think maybe, just maybe, I am coming to accept the reality that my life will never be glamourous. How did I stumble upon this realization...Let me enlighten you, my dear friend...About 4 years ago I got Invisalign. I loved it, and if you knew me 10 years ago (give or take) you might remember that my two front teeth were a little crooked. Well, I HATED THEM. So, $5,000 and a year later, I had awesome straight teeth. A few weeks ago, Butters ate my retainer. Stupid fucking dog. Anyway, I had to rely upon my "backup" retainer. Since then, my teeth have been (ever so slowly) turning. It is killing me. No one will ever notice but me, but it's all I see. So, you might be wondering how this could possibly contribute to my current good mood? Again, it all comes down to glamour. Or, in my case, lack thereof. See, I will NEVER be famous. Truly, these are the only classification of people who really require "perfect" teeth. And many of them DO NOT HAVE THEM! I mean, have you looked closely at Katherine Heigle's teeth? Scary! Anyway, in the life that I have made for myself, no one I know, or would care to know, will ever give a fuck that my two front teeth aren't perfect (except me, of course, and I don't really listen to myself anyway, since I have decided I am a silly twit).

I will never stop being vain. I will never stop worrying about how people perceive me. I will never stop laughing at you, cause clearly you don't care (oh, no my friend...not YOU. The universal YOU). But maybe I let a little bit of that go today. Maybe I am a little relieved about that, and it is making me feel light. Under normal circumstances I would have called my Orthodontist immediately and scheduled an appointment for a NEW Invisalign procedure...I haven't called him yet. Maybe I wont.

Yah, I probably will. Tomorrow.

No comments: